Products and Solutions
We are committed to supporting our 1.5 million clients all over the world to make the transition toward net zero. The path to net zero will look different for different customers and industries. From renewable energy to supply chains, we have the dedicated knowledge and suite of sustainable products to help you achieve your environmental and business ambitions.
Our Green Deposit program presents your corporate treasury with an opportunity to fulfil its sustainability goals by investing your surplus cash balances into environmentally friendly projects and initiatives.
Sustainability Linked Loans
A cost efficient way to make sustainable change. Sustainability Linked Loans (SLLs) are made available to support the achievement of the borrower’s environmental and social objectives. As well as link the borrower’s cost of capital to Environmental, Social and Corporate Governance (ESG) / sustainability metrics.
Green Equipment Financing
Green equipment finance, or green leasing, supports companies to finance the acquisition of equipment with tangible environmental benefits, in alignment with the market standard and the Green Loan Principles.
Green Loans are made available for the finance or refinance, in whole or in part, of new or existing eligible Green Projects. Green Loans are similar to a normal corporate loan, but need to follow the Green Loans Principles (GLPs), which were launched by the Loan Market Association in March 2018. They are closely aligned with the Green Bond Principles (GBPs).
Sustainable Supply Chain Finance
Take advantage of tailored banking services to support sustainability goals for buyers and suppliers by leveraging the power of our network.
As a leading international bank, we play a unique role in supporting a shift to sustainability in global supply chains. HSBC is embedding sustainability into the products and services we offer to customers, with the aim of supporting enhanced sustainability in our customers’ supply chains.
Green Trade Financing
Designed to support the working capital requirements of our clients that fulfill the Green Loan Principles and measurably contribute towards an ESG agenda.
Trade Sustainable Instruments
Take advantage of tailored banking services to achieve sustainability goals for buyers and suppliers by leveraging the power of our network.
HSBC offers a sustainable label for guarantees, Documentary Credits, or standby letters of credit issued under a sustainable trade facility to exclusively facilitate environmentally and/or sustainable economic activities.
Sustainable Supply Chain Finance
HSBC offers a sustainable supply chain finance solution, which addresses customers’ working capital needs through a tiered pricing solution based on the company’s methodology for measuring the sustainability performance of its suppliers.
Green, social and sustainability (GSS) bonds
‘Use of Proceeds’ bond to finance projects that address key environmental projects with positive environmental and social outcomes.
To meet the GSS Bond Principles requirements, the following four pillars will need to be addressed and disclosed in a publicly available Green Bond Framework document:
- Identify use of proceeds: Determine project categories from the suggested eligible green projects list.
- Process for project evaluation & selection: Determine eligibility criteria, demonstrate evaluation & selection process, define the governance structure, the environmental objectives and exclusions.
- Management of proceeds: Determine the method for allocation of funds from net bond proceeds.
- Reporting: Commit to publicly report annually, at least until full allocation of funds and offer independent assurance of your reporting.
Sustainability-linked bonds align to the Sustainability-Linked Bond Principles established by ICMA. They include any type of bond instrument for which the financial and/or structural characteristics can vary depending on whether the issuer achieves predefined Sustainability/ESG objectives.
HSBC co-chaired the International Capital Markets Association (ICMA) working group that developed the Climate Transition Finance Guidelines. The new guidelines act as additional guidance for issuers seeking to utilize green bonds, sustainability bonds or sustainability-linked bonds towards the achievement of their climate transition strategy.
Awards and Recognition
- The Banker named HSBC Bank plc. as Investment Bank of the Year for Sustainability
- HSBC Bank plc. named the World’s Best Bank for Sustainable Finance at the Euromoney Awards for Excellence and the Best Bank for Sustainable Finance for the Asia, Middle East and Western Europe regions
- HSBC Bank plc.became the largest green, social and sustainability (GSS) bond market underwriter globally in 2019, with HSBC Bank Canada ranking third locally. More information can be found on our global green and sustainability bonds page.
- HSBC Bank plc. was named the World’s Best Bank for Sustainable Finance and also won the Best Bank for Sustainable Finance in both Asia and the Middle-East at the Euromoney Awards for Excellence.
Get in touch to learn more about our banking solutions and how we can help you drive your business forward.