HSBC Bank Canada offers two methods to request bank confirmations:
- Online using Confirmation.com (preferred)
- By fax
Online Bank Confirmations
HSBC has partnered with Confirmation.com, one of the world’s leading online audit confirmation solutions, to help auditors manage the process. Benefits include:
- Faster management of the process
- Validation of all parties via secure communication channels, helping reduce the risk of fraud
- A simple, digital process for obtaining authorization from bank customers
- Compliance with international and local auditing standards
- Automated updates on the progress of bank confirmation requests, eliminating the need for manual follow-up
Please note that the provider of Confirmation.com (Capital Confirmation) charges auditors a fee for the use of this service. Details can be found here.
Submitting Requests to HSBC Bank Canada
Online Using Confirmation.com
Log in to Confirmation.com and use the platform to:
- Obtain authorization from your client
- Send your request and client authorization to HSBC
- View the status of your request
- Download a digital copy of the completed bank confirmation
Auditors not already registered with this service can go to www.confirmation.com and click the Sign Up button at the top of the page. Registration is free and takes only a few minutes.
- Fax your request to: 1-855-396-8119
- Please ensure the request:
- Lists the account number(s)
- Is signed by the authorized signatories on the account(s)
- Includes a valid return fax number
- Your bank confirmation will be faxed to you when complete
Bank Confirmation Service Fee
HSBC Bank Canada charges bank customers a service fee for bank confirmations. This applies to both online (via Confirmation.com) and fax requests.
To view the current service charges that may apply to your commercial account or to a transaction, please see our Commercial Service Charges Brochure (PDF, 233KB).